Last Modified: December 20th, 2020
Indigo & Juniper LLC ("Indigo & Juniper" or "we") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. Indigo & Juniper is the “controller” of your information. That means it is responsible for how your information is processed. Any questions you have should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website www.indigojuniper.com (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on or through this Website as well as offline or through any other means. It does not apply to information collected by any third party including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website. When you access a third-party website (such as a social networking website), we are not responsible for the privacy practices of that site or the relevant third party. You should review the privacy policies of each website you visit and each social networking service you use (including understanding how you can change your privacy settings with those services).
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18 or knowingly allow such persons to log in the website. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us using the details specified in the “Contact Information” section below.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including the following:
- information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, (“personal information”);
- information that is about you but individually does not identify you by itself, such as your IP address, some types of profile information and content that you post on the Website; and/or
- information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us and/or automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons (also known as tracking pixels) and other analytics/tracking technologies. This site may collect information on demographics and interests.
- We use a variety of cookies and similar technologies that are necessary for the functioning of our services, help us improve our performance, give you extra functionalities, and/or help us to serve you relevant and targeted ads.
- “Necessary Cookies” are cookies placed by our Website that do not collect any personal information and are essential to provision of a functional website and/or app, which we have a legitimate interest in providing and include cookies that drive your navigation on our Website.
- First-party cookies are set by the site you are visiting. We use first-party cookies to remember information you input when filling forms on our site, or items you place in your shopping cart. These cookies only remain on your device for as long as you keep your browser active. All Necessary Cookies fit into this category. Enabling some of these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended.
- Opting out of our first-party advertising-related cookies or out of third-party advertising-related cookies and web beacons does not necessarily mean that you will not see our advertising—only that this advertising will not be targeted to you through the use of first-party or third-party cookies, web beacons or related technologies.
We also collect information from other sources, including from social media and other websites associated with Indigo & Juniper. For example, if you post a message on Twitter, or post an image on Instagram using a hashtag promoted by Indigo & Juniper, we may collect that information as described in this Policy. Please note that we may combine or cross-reference this information with other information that we collect about you and use it as described in this Policy.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or placing an order with our Website.
- information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us.
- records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us such as when you report a problem with our Website or other products or services.
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website. If you purchase a product from us, your card information is not held by us; it is collected by our third-party payment processor, who specializes in the secure online capture and processing of credit card transactions.
- your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Analytics data, Cookies and Other Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website;
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- other information obtained through third party analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). As we have noted elsewhere in this policy, to the extent the information is tied to you directly, you have the right not to be tracked and can use the instructions provided to turn off this feature if you choose.
The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- speed up your searches and access to our website; and
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies as outlined above
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We only use information we collect from you for as long as it is reasonably required for a legitimate business purpose. We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfill our statutory obligations, such as for tax records, or to confirm your warranty. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as necessary for the relevant activity, or for as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection. In some cases, third party services providers working on our behalf will carry out these contracts with you. However, when we use these providers, we disclose only the personal information necessary to provide you the service and that have contracts in place;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- to communicate with you about your subscriptions, by sending you important non-commercial emails, such as administrative notices related to your donations and/or subscriptions;
- in any other way, we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please use the link provided in any email communication to unsubscribe from receiving further communications. If we’ve contacted you outside of email and you would like stop receiving non-email marketing communications, please contact use at email@example.com.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual (anonymous or de-identified data), without restriction.
- to contractors, service providers and other third parties required to support legitimate business purposes;
- by operation of contract to a buyer or other successor of Indigo & Juniper, such as in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Indigo & Juniper’s assets, in which personal information held by Indigo & Juniper about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- for the other purpose disclosed by us at the time you provide the information;
- with your consent;
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Indigo & Juniper, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Indigo & Juniper: We will not email you unless you opt in. Once you have opted in, if you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by Indigo & Juniper to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out either by sending us an e-mail stating your request to the address specified in the “Contact Information” section below; or by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in all promotional emails.
- CCPA Rights: See below for details about rights afforded to California Residents under the CCPA, including the Right to Deletion and Rights to Know.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account dashboard page.
You may also send us an e-mail using the contact details found in the “Contact Information” section below to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Accessing Your Information
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (we may charge you a small processing fee for information requests to cover our cost of providing you with details of the information we hold about you).
Do Not Track Disclosure
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like product reviews. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. If a data breach occurs that includes data on EU users, we will notify you and the proper European Economic Authority (if required) within seventy-two (72) hours (if reasonably feasible).
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR MONEY
However, sometimes we share your data with third party advertising networks. These transfers, which are used to provide you with certain Services and/or to more effectively provide you with personalized Services (including advertising), can be deemed a sale under some data privacy laws.
You may opt out of the sale of your personal information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be asked to provide certain information to us in order to exercise this option so we can verify your identity and locate your records with us.
Please note that your decision to opt out of the sale of your personal information may impact the availability and quality of some of the Services provided to you.
CCPA:Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, (AKA the “CCPA,” "personal information" is any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. Under the CCPA we must disclose the categories of personal information about California residents that we collect, sell, and/or disclose to third parties or service providers for a business purpose. Please see above for that information.
We are required to notify California residents, at or before the point of collection of their personal information, the categories of personal information collected and the purposes for which such information is used. That information is provided herein and/or at the point of collection.
Subject to certain exceptions, California residents have the right to make the following requests, at no charge, up to twice every 12 months:
Right to opt out of sale: You may opt out of our sale(s) of your personal information, as “sale” is defined by California law. Please see above for more information.
Right of Deletion: California residents have the right to request deletion of their personal information that we have collected about them, subject to certain exemptions, and to have such personal information deleted, except where necessary for any of a list of exempt purposes.
Right to Know - Right to a Copy: California residents have the right to request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about them in the prior 12 months and to have this delivered, free of charge, either (a) by mail or (b) electronically in a portable and to the extent technically feasible, readily useable format that allows the individual to transmit this information to another entity without hindrance.
Right to Know - Right to Information: California residents have the right to request that we provide them certain information about how we have handled their personal information in the prior 12 months, including the categories of personal information collected; the sources for that personal information; the purpose for collecting and selling personal information; to whom we have disclosed that information.
California Eraser Law. If you are 18 and a California resident, and you discover an image posted on our Website taken when you were a minor, the California Eraser law allows you to have us remove the image from view, pursuant to your request. Should you request removal, please be advised that it will be removed only from those sites under our control, and for privacy purposes, we may ask you to verify your request.